When feeling constricted and stressed from work, taking a quick spin of the neighborhood on a bicycle can be helpful if at home. Besides a stress-reliever, cycling can also have positive effects on health which is quite a necessity with the current sedentary lifestyle.
Picking the right bike
The type of bike that one should buy depends on their use. If one is planning to buy it for exercise purposes and will be riding it around the city, then hybrid bikes and cruisers will be a perfect choice. On the other hand, if one is thinking of riding it on an off-road course and rugged surface, then mountain bikes are the best.
Now, based on these types, the other features such as handlebar, brake type, suspension, and gears also change. Some are made for in-city, high-speed riding experience, and others are good for hilly regions with more gears and suspension. As the type changes the price range also changes with it. Thus, the type will determine the price of bicycles.
Features to look for
One should consider the following features before the purchasing decision:
- Positioning:the bike should keep the back of the rider in a relaxing position to use it for a longer time. The ideal back angle ranges from 90 to 70 degrees.
- Fit:the cycle should match the height of the rider so that they can maneuver it easily. The best way to check the fitting is by taking a test drive on the bike before buying it.
- Tires:always go for wider tires as it increases the safety level. Wider tires provide more traction and grip.
- Stability: a good stable bicycle will be able to balance properly even at a lower speed. Also, such bikes will have a good handlebar and height proportion so that the user can easily put their foot down.
Are e-bikes good?
E-bikes add extra assistance to the paddling and help with moving faster. So with less effort, one can reach the destination faster. When one paddle in e-bikes, the motor boosts the bike’s speed based on how fast the paddling is. To enjoy this assistance, one will need to charge the battery of the bike when needed.
The battery present in the bike makes it heavier than other regular ones, making maneuvering a bit difficult. Also, it is quite pricy because of the added technology.
Best beginner bikes
Some good bikes which are best for beginners:
- Priority Coast
Best for in-city use and has one of the best parts. The parts are rustproof with stainless steel and aluminum body. It also requires very low maintenance.
- Specialized Alibi C Step-Through
One of the biggest pros of this bicycle model is that the tires are airless and has an aluminum frame that is very smooth to ride. Other than this, it also has a low-step frame that makes it easy to hop on the cycle and ride it.
- Rocky Mountain Growler 20
This is one of the most affordable mountain bikes available in the market. It has all the best features of a mountain bike and that too at a very budget-friendly price. This bike can also be used for in-city riding.
Since biking is also a type of physical activity, the equipment needs to be comfortable to be used for a longer time. Thus, knowing the product before buying it can help with having a successful purchasing experience.