If you look back a decade, then there are normal sinks fitted in most homes. People are not much exposed to the undermount sinks, and they used to be costly. With the development in the undertop sinks and the decrease in these sinks’ prices, most people are shifting to these sinks.
These undermount sinks are serving as the best in class sleek elements of the kitchen. But the installation of these sinks is a little trickier than the normal sinks. Unlike the normal sinks that directly fit, a person has to apply various tricks to install these sinks. So, let us study the different ways a person can install the best undermount kitchen sinks in their kitchen and give it a premium look.
Countertop Installation by its cleaning and cutting
The cleaning and cutting for installation of the kitchen top is the first way a person can install the undermount kitchen sinks. In this, the first task to be done is cutting the hole in the countertop. If you already have a sink installed, you have to measure the hole’s length and width in which the sink was earlier installed. There are some cases in which the sink is installed on a cabinet. In this case, also measure the size of the cabinet.
Now you should move in a stepwise pattern.
- In case you are installing a sink for the first time, you have to choose a spot where you want your sink to be in your home. For this, you have to keep in mind the water supply and choose a place that looks aesthetic. It would be best if the surface you are choosing is made of stone or concrete. Wood surfaces are not suggested as they can crack when you are installing the sink.
- Now it is time for you to decide the revealing status of your sink. There are options of positive reveal in which the rim of the sink will be visible. The other option is of positive reveal in which the rim is also fitted into the countertop, which saves the edges from turning dirty.
- Now it should be your task that you start tracing the outline of the sink. First of all, you should measure the complete width of the rim of the sink you have chosen. The outline that you will draw must be .95 cm wide, then the sink’s original lining. You can easily take cardboard and place it on the countertop as a template for doing this task.
- Now you should take a circular saw and start cutting the countertop. You must use your safety gear to save yourself from the sparkles of the cutting stones. It would be best if you choose a professional for this task. After the hole is made, you should use a drill for accessories like the faucet and the sink pipeline.
- In the last step, you should clean the countertop properly with alcohol and install the new sink into the clean hole you have created.
Use Suspension for installing the sink
The next method that you can use for installing the best undermount kitchen sinks is the suspension method. But this method is best only if you are thinking to replace your old sink with a new one. The steps to be followed in this method are mentioned below in detail.
- First of all, you have to stack piled of 2inches*4 inches beneath the sink till it doesn’t reach the countertop.
- Now you should place the sink in the hole that is already formed in your countertop. In this, first of all, you should align the rims of the sink with the edges that you have cut. When you place the sink, you should confirm that the sink is at the right place by confirmed from the lower portion.
- If you want a positive reveal, then you should apply more wooden blocks in the lower portion.
- Now it is time to clamp the sink, which will help it hold at the place where you want it to. There are many adjustable bar clamps available in the market, out of which you should use 2 inches 6 inches clamp. After that, you should set a piece of the wooden block underneath and over the countertop for better support.
- Now you have to prepare an epoxy paste. With this paste, you should glue the studs on the underside. With the help of this step, the sink that you have attached will get permanently attached at the place. It would help if you kept in mind that the glue sink should be placed at the sink’s corners to hold it properly.
- After that, you should spread the silicon chalk around the countertop. This will help the glue settle fast and don’t let it come out due to water or small wear and tear.
- Now you should tighten all the clamps you have set up in the sink area, and after that, the positioning of the sink is again confirmed.
- Now the sink clips are installed with wingnuts which are placed over the glued studs. You have to ensure no left out the gap between your sink and the countertop in this step.
- After that, the excess material like extra chalk and glue is cleaned with a rag and denatured alcohol, and at last, the accessories are also installed.
These are the two best ways which you can use to install your best undermount kitchen sinks in your home and give your kitchen a new look.