2018 was a year that gave us some of the best edm songs ever and fans are looking forward at 2019 with curiosity to find out what is in store for them.
24 experts from the music industry share what is going to be new in 2019:
- Kygo is expected to come up with a new album under Sony Music and Purified. It will be the first album of his new venture Palm Tree Records.
- Many new music festivals are scheduled at some unique locations which are likely to present some emerging edm artists.
- We are likely to observe the never seen before popularity of K-Pop as a number of other mainstream artists will collaborate with major bands in 2019.
- Apple Music, Amazon and Spotify are sponsoring many emerging artists and their market shares are expected to grow.
- Swedish House Mafia will go for a world tour, playing on some of the best locations in the world. Maybe you will catch them near you as well!
- With many top edm artists exploring other genres, the boundaries between genres will become fainter.
- Dance music will go live and this may be witnessed at some of the most popular and biggest music and dance festivals all across the world.
- With a number of small and underground artists coming up, managers might have a difficult time in 2019.
- Asia and mainly China will be a stop for many musical geniuses presenting their gigs in more than 15 cities of the country.
- Artists and managers are going to take away their attention from Spotify and focus on live gigs that will happen with many emerging edm artists from different parts of the world.
- Fans will grow closer to their favorite edm artists through social media. Sharing the videos and other content from the artists may also win the fans a share in their cryptocurrency.
- Music will meet gaming and this collaboration will be used by producers to promote many artists, albums and even tours.
- Artists will not be performing alone. The gigs will be more interactive and artists are going to engage their audiences more.
- Fisher presented their successful track “Loosing It” in 2018 and they are expected to come up with some more interesting work in the next year.
- Tech house artists are going to be a major attraction to look out for in the late night gigs of all major music festivals globally.
- Solo artists will be on the rise, thanks to internet. And many mainstream artists might compete them solo in their style. No royalties, no big connections. Just pure music!
- Many new artists are going to be signed by a number of major brands with the purpose of keeping the fans loyal to the brands.
- Many famous bands might be seen sharing the stage with some of the top most DJs of the world, making distinctions of genres between music less concrete and keeping the interests of fans as their top priority.
- 2019 is going to be the year of edm with many big DJs performing live. The stages will have a larger number of live instruments and they will connect with the artists in a strong emotional way which has never been experienced before.
- Dance music is at an all time high in terms of popularity and 2019 will see a lot of mainstream attention being given to major dance music artists across genres.
- With everything being streamed these days, maybe we can see live streaming of some of the most popular gigs of 2019 online.
- Musical genres will become less significant and will be replaced by mood based music pieces, mixing genres together.
- Smart Speakers will be a trend in 2019 and the sales will be more than ever. Many new brands will come up and people will rush to buy them.
- Dubstep and fast paced music will have a special place in 2019 because people will invest in music for workouts as much as they do for a party.
As the experts have predicted, 2019 might be the year of mood music where genres will not be important. Artists will collaborate for the fans and live music will be experimented with. Many new artists are expected to bring their solos and albums with major brands and fans are likely to listen to them over smart speakers. Besides all this, most of the top level artists will be touring all over the world and their live gigs are going to be better than ever. Swedish House Mafia has started planning a world tour! So, make sure that you do not miss out on your favorite ones because they may be performing at a place near you.